Sterling Silver Round Wire - Half Hard - Sold in 12" Lengths
Choose from 16 gauges:
Part No. Gauge
- 844-6FT 6 gauge (4.12mm-.162" thick)
- 844-8FT 8 gauge (3.25mm-.128" thick)
- 844-10FT 10 gauge (2.6mm-.102" thick)
- 844-12FT 12 gauge (2.06mm-.081" thick)
- 844-13ft 13 gauge (1.83mm -.72" thick)
- 844-14FT 14 gauge (1.6mm-.063" thick)
- 844-16FT 16 gauge (1.3mm-.051" thick)
- 844-18FT 18 gauge (1.00mm-.040" thick)
- 844-19FT 19 gauge (0.91mm-.037mm thick)
- 844-20FT 20 gauge (0.80mm-.032" thick)
- 844-21FT 21 gauge (0.70mm-.028" thick)
- 844-22FT 22 gauge (0.65mm-.025" thick)
- 844-24FT 24 gauge (0.45mm-.020" thick)
- 844-26FT 26 gauge (0.40mm-.016" thick)
- 844-28FT 28 gauge (0.30mm-.012" thick)
- 844-30FT 30 gauge (0.25mm-.010" thick)
Half-Hard sterling silver wire is .925 silver and .075 copper. It is malleable and easy to bend and will maintain shape under stress, making half-hard wire a good choice for making ear wires and other findings.
Dead-Soft silver wire is very malleable and very easy to bend. However, it will not hold a shape under stress. Use dead-soft silver wire for wire wrapping.
Wire Gauge Size Info:
The higher the number, the thinner the diameter of the wire-18 gauge is thinner than 16 gauge.