New Version-Pepe 307.70 Jump Ring Maker
The Pepe Jump Ring Maker makes the production of jump rings fast and easy.
A flex shaft motor and a No. 30 type Jacobs chuck handpiece are required to use this machine and are sold separately.
Pepetools recommends the use of a genuine Foredom #30 handpiece, Foredom part number H.30 for use in the Pepe Jump Ring Maker. We sell several Foredom kit that come with the Foredom H.30 handpiece. We also sell a kit that includes the Foredom flex shaft and handpiece if you do not already own a flex shaft and a Foredom #30 handpiece.
The Pepe Jump Ring Maker Includes:
- 20 metric jump ring core arbors (s) diameters: 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 10.0, 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, and 12.0mm. The mandrels are 100mm (4") long.
- A handpiece holder for a No. 30 handpiece
- A coil wire holder with cutting slot and coil stopping rod
- One standard 31.75 mm (1-1/4") sawblade (cuts up to 18 gauge/1.0 mm wire)*
- A mounting arbor for the sawblade, all mounted on a handy metal platform for keeping it safely stored. (Note: Pepe no longer puts holes in the 2.5, 3.0,3.5,4.0 mandrels)
- A compact plastic stand - Measures 9" L by 4-1/2" W
A brief explanation on how to produce Jump Rings using the Pepe Jump Ring Maker:
- Make a coil of wire on one of the jump ring mandrels using the keyless chuck mounted on a turning handle
- remove the coil
- Lubricate the coil with stay sharp
- Mount the coil in the coil holding device with saw guide making sure to place coil against the end stop
- Then using the handpiece collar and a flexshaft with a No. 30 style handpiece and one of the circular sawblades, (flexshaft & handpiece sold separately)
- Cut the coil to produce jump rings
Detailed instructions are included with the Jump Ring Maker.
Product Instruction/How To Sheet
*Maximum thickness for cutting soft metals like copper, gold and sterling silver. The thicker the material, the shorter life of the cutting blade. Other harder metals, including steel, nickel silver, bronze, argentium silver and others, will have smaller diameter limits and will cause increase wear on blades. Always use safety glasses and use lots of lubricant when cutting.
* Large 38 mm (1-1/2") saw blade (Cuts up to 16 ga. (1.2 mm) wire) Part No. 143.103
Ratings & Reviews
by Michelle Simmons
I have the original and I love it. I hated cutting jump rings with a jewelers saw and was thrilled when I discovered Pepe Jump Ring Maker. When I could finally buy one I was amazed at how quickly I could make jump rings and they were all consistent. Not only that, but I didn't have to look for fallen jump rings like you do when cutting them with a jewelers saw. I can't say enough about how wonderful this tool is. I highly recommend it.
Happy with it
I tend to only pull this out when I need truly a lot of jump rings, but it works as described. The only down side is that the minimum size isn't as small as I would like.
Worth it and then some!
This is an extremely useful and well made group of tools. Beyond the obvious use of making jump rings I have used the mandrels in hand forming small ring shanks, truing up curved areas on random pieces, and as a support holder for small round'ish pieces when sanding. The winder is also great at winding sterling silver square wire, making braids, and as a third hand that has helped me do a number of tasks.