Citric Pickle Ottotech
Choose from 2 sizes:
- 145.143 2-lb (Makes 1 Gallon)
- 145.144 40 lb (Makes 16 Gallons)
Citric Pickle-Effective, Gentler, Safer and Bio-Degradable-A Green Alternative to Regular Pickle Compounds.
OttoTech Citri-Pickle is mild citric acid that can be used for pickling gold, silver, brass and copper. It works a little slower than standard pickle solution, but is very effective, gentler, safer and more bio-degradable. In addition to pickling, it can be used to clean stainless steel shot and in a magnetic tumbler. One great quality is that OttoTech Citri-Pickle doesn't react with steel to turn your sterling and gold pink. A 2 Lb. jar makes one gallon of pickle.
Otto Tech Citri-Pickle is an organic product and will produce a off smell to indicate when it has turned and needs to be replaced.
To mix Citric Pickle is weighed and then added to water. The ratios of pickle (by weight in ounces) to water are below:
- 2 Lbs makes 1 gallon or 128 ounces
- 1 Lb. makes 1/2 gallon or 64 ounces
- .5 Lbs (8 ounces) makes 1 quart or 32 ounces
- .25 Lbs (4 ounces) makes 1 pint of 16 ounces
- .125 Lbs (2 ounces) makes 1 cup or 8 ounces