The Smith Silversmith Acetylene atmospheric air torch systems are best sellers and show up in classrooms and art centers all across the country. The Silversmith atmo torch is safe, economical, easy to use and easy to get a perfect flame every time. Acetylene is a hotter burning denser gas than propane, producing a smaller pin point and more intense flame than propane. So you can do smaller scale soldering easier and faster with the Silversmith torch than with the propane EZ torch or the simple butane burning Blazer torches. This is a great all around torch for anyone looking for a system that is inexpensive (relative to two tank oxygen/gas systems) torch set up that can handle small and large jobs. Solder jump rings and fine bench work one minute with the size 00 super fine tip found in this kit. Then remove that tip and put on size 4 Giant (casting tip) item 114.412 and melt 3-4 ounces of gold or silver the next minute without changing the gauge setting (run regulator at 13 -14 psi for ALL tips)
*The Very Fine tip # 00 that is supplied with this kit is for small soldering applications and has an orifice of .070" (1.8mm). The visible tip length when burning is approximately 1". Hose connection is USA standard B (9/16).
Optional tips available and their sizes:
- Size 0 Fine Tip-4" flame length .102" (2.6mm) orifice 114.408
- Size 1 Small Tip-8" flame length .147" (3.8mm) orifice 114.409
- Size 2 Medium Tip-9" flame length .185" (4.8mm) orifice 114.410
- Size 3 Large Tip-10" flame length .250" (6.3mm) orifice 114.411
- Size 4 Giant Tip-12" flame length .375" (9.5mm) orifice 114.412
- Operating temperature approximately 4700° F (2630oC). Recommended fuel pressure setting 10 psi.
- The torch body measures 5-3/8" long and the tips measure from 5" for the finest tip (OO) to 8" for the largest tip (4)-(assembled length is slightly less than the totals). Smith guarantees the torch body for life but not the tips.
The empty acetelyne B tank has a 40 cubic foot capacity. It measures 23-1/2" high by 6" in diameter. The valve fittings are CGA number 520. Federal regulations restrict the shipping of full gas tanks. Take this tank to your nearest welding supply that sells acetylene gas for exchange.
<! -- Prop 65 Warning Options -->
This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65warnings.ca.gov.