The ruby files hold their shape well, but can be reshaped and adjusted with diamond wheels and burs.
4" x .16" x .06"
Ruby Stones are the ideal choice for deburring, blending, dressing, and fine polishing of molds & dies made of hard metals such as hardened tool steel, carbide and surgical stainless steel. Jewelers use them for sharpening of carbide and high speed steel engravers and other tools.
Jewelers and Engravers:
Mold & Die Applications:
- Polishing and shaping of carbide & high speed steel gravers.
About Degussit Ruby Stones:
- Use in an Ultrasonic Handpiece for fast deburring and blending.
- Deburring ejector pin holes
- General deburring and edge breaking on mold steel and carbide.
- Blending a surface where a straight edge meets a radius.
- Polishing highly detailed areas on dies (after dressing Ruby Stone to a fine point)
- Polishing ribs and other hard to reach areas.
Made in Germany from pure, sintered crystals of synthetic ruby. No bonding material is used, so these stones and files are extremely hard and resistant to changes in shape. This is particularly important for quality precision grinding and finishing.
In addition, since Degussit Ruby Stones and Files feature outstanding resistance to wear, they are more economical to use than other comparable tools.