Maple John Frei Custom Single Bank Workbench
1-1/2" Thick Butcher Block Top
Made in California USA
Allow 4-6 Weeks Build Time
Price Includes Crating Charge-Shipping Charges Extra. Ships FOB Chico, CA.
Choose from a variety of custom modifications-Or request your own modifications
All John Frei custom workbenches start with a solid 1-1/2" thick butcher-block top made of select grade oak or maple. We use solid real wood for the legs, top trim, bottom trim, drawer faces, face frames and arm supports. Door side and back panels are made of cabinetmaker quality oak or maple-veneered plywood and looks as good from the back as it does from the front. All of this put together by professional cabinetmakers.
The end result is a jewelers workbench that stands apart from all others, a beautiful, solid and sturdy workbench that can take whatever the toughest jeweler can dish out. Freight charges are additional.
Other Details Include:
- Steel Lined Curved Catch Tray Our catch trays are works of art in themselves. Steel lined means they won't burn up if you have a soldering accident.
- Locking Top Drawer with Integrated Bur Tray The locking top drawer consists of two small security drawers and extra storage space. The drawer itself opens to reveal a handy four tiered bur tray drilled for 3/32" shanks burs.
- Hardened Steel Work Anvil Located directly behind the bench pin is a 100 mm x 100 mm square hardened steel anvil. This anvil is welded to a 5/8" bolt and secured with a wing nut that locks down the bench pin.
- Pull Out Tool Tray The tool tray is curved like the catch tray and comes with a convenient niche to fit an engraver’s block
- Six Captive Roller Drawer Runners Keep the drawers from pulling out and delivers smooth easy action even when loaded down
- Deep Cut Out - 7-1/4" Deep X 20" Wide
- Two Setters Arm Rests
- Two Mandrel Holes
- One Bench Pin
Locking Door Opening - 10"W X 16"L X 4-5/8"H Inside The Door Has Two Small Drawers, 4"W X 1-5/8"H and Four Stacked Bur Trays.
Next Four Drawers - 9-1/8"W X 16"L X 1-5/8"H Useable Space is 2"H.
Next Two Drawers - 9-1/8"W X 16"L X 2-5/8"H Useable Space is 3"H.
Inside Seating Area Width - 26-1/4" W X 25" H (Under the Catch Tray)
Ratings & Reviews
My Best Bench for 12 years
by Harvey -
I purchased this bench 12 years ago and have never regretted the purchase. Solid high quality construction. With over 20,000 Hours of use and it is still the most comfortable / solid bench in our shop. We special ordered an upgraded version with a white layout bread board and also had them add the GRS bench pin system. I love the formed no seam stainless steel lap catch tray. The solid 2 inch thick maple top shows only minor wear. I would recommend this to anyone who spends considerable time at their bench.