The Knew Concepts Power Scroll Saw 115V is designed for jewelry sawing applications using the standard* 130mm (5-1/8”) jeweler’s saw blade (sizes 8/0 to 8).To use, simply clamp the scroll saw to a bench using the two screw clamps, plug the scroll saw into a variable speed foot control (sold separately), fit a jewelers saw blade and you are ready to go.
The Made in the USA Knew Concepts Power Scroll Saw is built for cutting all types of materials used in the jewelers workshop, from soft metals like gold, copper and silver to harder metals like mild steel. Just about any kind of material that can be cut using jewelers saw blades can be used with the Knew Concepts Power Scroll Saw. It is variable speed* from zero to 160 strokes per minute. Using at the slower speeds allows for the sawblade to dissipate heat, allowing for a longer saw blade life.
The Knew Concepts Power Scroll Saw is perfect for anyone who does a considerable amount of sawing or has difficulty using a standard saw frame.Anyone who needs to cut blanking dies out of steel will truly appreciate the adjustable table for setting precise cutting angles up to 45 degrees in either direction.
*Requires a Foredom C.FCT-1 foot control or similar foot control with standard 3 prong North American plug. Can also be used with Foredom C.EM-1 table top speed control.
The Knew Concepts Power Scroll Saw Features:
- Pure vertical motion of the saw blade for making easy cuts other scroll saws cannot-Blades are more likely to wear out from normal use than prematurely break.
- Fail Safe Stop-If the blade breaks, the unit stops as the cable drive function cannot function unless the blade is complete (you can’t push a rope)!
- Three different stroke lengths can be set: standard 2-1/2” for material up to ¼” thick, 2” stroke for material up to ½” thick and 1-1/2” stroke for material up to 5/8” thick (the machine comes with standard 2-1/2” stoke).
- The table is made to tilt 45 degrees each direction, allowing for perfect cutting angles for blanking dies.
- Hold Down Foot-Adjustable for material thickness helps reduce blade breakage, as parts cannot lift.
- 8" deep throat-Unit measures 29" H x 15-1/2" W x 6" D
- 115V Motor
- *Variable Speed-Use with Foredom C.FCT-1 foot control or similar foot control with standard 3 prong North American plug. Can also be used with Foredom C.EM-1 table top speed control.
*We recommend the use of the best quality Swiss or German made Jewelers Saw Blades like Otto Frei Swiss, Pike Platinum from Switzerland or Antelope & Hercules brand saw blades from Germany. Premium saw blade will consistently be the correct length 130mm (5-1/8") and quality throughout. Please note that Swiss Made saw blades are sold under a variety of brand names throughout the world but are produced by one company, Scies Miniatures SA of Vallorbe Switzerland.
This is a well made tool worth the rather steep price. This saw has saved me hours of work by improving efficiency. Allows the cutting of heavy gauge material with ease. High quality motor can be run at slow speeds maintaining high torque.