Paragon SC2 Programmable Kilns-110V
Choose from 3 different versions:
122.150 Standard Door 110V
122.151 with Bead Door 110V
122.150BDW with Bead Door & Glass Window 110V (as pictured)
New-watch an instructional video on the use of the SC3 Programmer
The Paragon SC2 Programmable Kiln is available with 3 different door versions: Standard Door, Bead Door and Bead Door with Glass Window. The Standard Door version is for casting burnouts, The Bead Door version is for casting burnouts and PMC Clay and the Combo Bead Door with Glass Window adds enameling functionality. All versions share the same efficient ceramic fiber chamber contained in a steel inner case, allowing for the circulation of air between the inner case and the vented steel outer case. This keeps the outer case cool during use, protecting the electrical components beneath the chamber and most importantly, keeps energy costs down. Chamber dimensions are 8” wide by 7-3/4” deep by 5-3/4” high.
The Paragon SC2 Programmable kiln with bead door and glass window is perfect for both precious metal clay and glass bead use. The added window is made of high temperature glass and measures 1" x 3" (always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior). This popular kiln can also be used for enameling, stain glass and ceramic glazing. You can even use it for wax burnout, as this is the same kiln as the basic SC2 but for the addition of the bead door and window.
The SC-2, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, easy to see display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. The controller is easy to use, and you can create and store up to 4 programs on it. Detailed instructions are included for the kiln and the controller.
The Paragon SC2 Programmable Kiln Features:
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller
- Bead door with stainless steel mandrel holder *122.151 & 122.150BDW Only*
- 1" x 3" High Temperature glass window (always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior). *122.150BDW Only*
- On/off safety switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Built in multi-stage programmer (see details below)
- Chamber dimensions-8” W x 7-3/4” D x 5-3/4” H
- Cabinet dimensions-13-1/4” W x 14”D x 15-1/2” H
- 110V/60H-draws 12 Amps
- Ships UPS or FedEx -No need for expensive truck freight!
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 user created programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- To see an owners manual for the programmer click here
- New-watch a instructional video on the use of the SC2 Programmer