The Badeco MX-4 Evolution is sold in a basic package that includes the New Badeco 465 Carbon Handpiece, a Badeco RS2000 Micromotor and a Badeco PC800 Foot Control. Add more handpieces and micromotors as you desire. The Badeco MX-4 can run up to 4 handpieces and micromotors. Give us a call to design your own custom combination of handpieces or choose additional RS2000 micromotors and Badeco handpieces below.
- 134.744-465 With New Carbon Quick Change 465 HP: The ultimate quick change handpiece with 3/32" collet.* The New Badeco 465 is lightweight yet solid, fitting perfectly in the hand allowing for continuous stress free work. To open the quick change collet all that is required is a simple 1/4 turn of the handpiece making for rapid tool change without the need of a lever or a wrench. This new version allows for tool changing without having to stop the motor. The 1/4 turn to close the collet produces a very secure grip that firmly closes on the bur or drill being used. As sold with all Badeco Quick Change kits as of January 2023. For more information on the New 465 Badeco Handpiece, see part number 134.738-465.
The Badeco MX-4 Evolution brings all the power tools a jeweler needs at hand. Power up to 4 handpieces from one control box. Simply turn the selector switch on the control box to the handpiece you need. Do away with multiple flex shafts and foot controls.
The Badeco MX-4 Evolution Dual Voltage 115/230V
micromotor has been designed for use in the jewelry and watchmaking industries of Switzerland, the number one producer of super-premium jewelry and watches for the world. What separates this micromotor apart from all others is the quality, precision and reliability of the power box, motor and of course, the handpiece, and the single most important part of a micromotor. The Badeco Carbon Series Micromotor is a remarkable piece of Swiss engineering, giving you unstoppable torque at the lowest speed, the kind of low end power that jewelers need for drilling and stone setting.
The Badeco MX-4 Evolution 1 handpiece kit includes:
The control box allows for a variety of operating modes:
- Badeco 465 Carbon handpiece
Badeco RS2000 Micromotor - The Badeco features a hi-torque carbon fiber micromotor handpiece motor, the RS2000, which attaches to the control box. Designed for reliability and efficiency, this powerful motor produces speeds from 2,000 rpm to 20,000 rpm, with 50% more torque than other types of micromotors. The hi-torque comes through at all speeds.
Badeco Foot Control PC800 - The Badeco PC800 foot control is a variable speed foot control.
Mounting Hardware - Use this hardware to mount the control box on your workbench.
As of 2016, the Badeco MX4 features a re-designed control box with new 6 prong connector for the PC200 or PC800 foot controls. Previous versions had 7 prong connectors for use with the PC100 or PC750 foot controls.
- Use the selector dial to choose which handpiece to power
- You can set the speed manually using the speed control dial.
- The far left toggle switch allows you to run manually by hand (handpiece speed controlled only by the center speed dial) or by foot control (handpiece speed controlled by foot control).
- The center toggle switch allows you to operate in forward (right rotation) or reverse (left rotation).
- The far right toggle switch controls how the foot pedal is operated. When the far left toggle switch is positioned down for foot control and the center speed control is in any position but off, the far right toggle switch allows for either set speed control or variable speed control (Variable speed foot control PC800 is sold separately).
**The collet on the Badeco 465 is extremely precise and is made to use with equally precise shank size burs from Busch,
Brasseler (branded as Fox Germany
, Panther or Komet) and Dentsply Maillefer (Otto Frei Swiss brand)
. American made HSS burs will not give good results in the Badeco 465 handpiece as their shanks are not as uniformly precise in size.Badeco MX-4 Evolution Micromotors have a 2 year from date of purchase factory warranty covering parts and labor. All service is performed by the factory in Geneva, Switzerland. The address is:8 rue de la Coulouvreniere - CH - 1204 Geneve. For further information on repairs please reference your factory warranty card included with your purchase or email the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the factory website at www.badeco.com.
- 134.744-388 With Exchangeable Collet 388 HP: SPECIAL ORDER ONLY PLEASE INQUIRE Exchangeable Collet 388 Handpiece with standard 3/32" collet. Optional collet diameters: 0.55mm, 0.80mm, 1.05mm, 1.55mm, 2.05mm, 2.35mm, 2.55mm, 3.05mm, 3.2mm (1/8").
- 134.744-380 With Adjustable Chuck 380 HP: SPECIAL ORDER ONLY PLEASE INQUIRE Other handpiece choices include the Badeco 380 adjustable chuck (0.05mm to 4.5mm max opening) quick change handpiece
- 134.744-318 With Combi Hammer 318 HP: SPECIAL ORDER ONLY PLEASE INQUIRE The best selling professional stone setters hammer handpiece, the 318 Combi hammer handpiece. The 318 Combi uses the same tips, with 19 different tips to choose from, used on the Badeco 222 series flex shaft operated hammer handpiece and produces strokes rated from medium to hard. Powerful adjustable stroke. Combination single stroke or standard mode continual stroke is selected by switch on control box.
- 134.744-4LC100 With Polishing 4LC100 HP: SPECIAL ORDER ONLY PLEASE INQUIRE The Badeco 4LC100 micro filer handpiece that's for polishing the finest details in hard to reach spaces. Unlike the hammer handpiece which has a strong hammer like stroke, the action of this handpiece is defined distance back and forth which is speed adjustable. Use with ceramic polishing tools or miniature files. 360 degree rotation of tool head means that tools can be in fluid contact with the item being polished or filed.