Dead-Soft sterling silver wire is very malleable and very easy to bend. However, it will not hold a shape under stress. Use dead-soft silver wire for wire wrapping.
Half-Hard silver wire is malleable and easy to bend and it will maintain shape under stress, making half-hard wire a good choice for making ear wires and other findings. This product is not half hard.Choose from 6 gauges:
Part No. Gauge
- 844-18DS 18 gauge (1.00mm-.040" thick, approximately 12 feet)
- 844-20DS 20 gauge (0.80mm-.032" thick, approximately 19 feet)
- 844-22DS 22 gauge (0.65mm-.025" thick, approximately 30 feet)
- 844-24DS 24 gauge (0.45mm-.020" thick, approximately 48 feet)
- 844-26DS 26 gauge (0.40mm-.016" thick, approximately 76 feet)
- 844-28DS 28 gauge (0.30mm-.012" thick, approximately 120 feet)
Wire Gauge Size Info: The higher the number, the thinner the diameter of the wire-18 gauge is thinner than 16 gauge.
Otto Frei sells the HARMONY brand of made in the USA fine silver wire, made from 100% recycled material from non-mined sources such as reclaimed jewelry, silverware, coins precious metals and dental scrap. Otto Frei fine silver is jewelry quality and not medical grade material.